Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012



Malachi 3:1-5 NASB

“Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming,” says the LORD of hosts. “But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap. And He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the LORD offerings in righteousness. Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the LORD, as in the days of old and as in former years. Then I will draw near to you for judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers and against the adulterers and against those who swear falsely, and against those who oppress the wage earner in his wages, the widow and the orphan, and those who turn aside the alien, and do not fear Me,” says the LORD of hosts.

Personal Challenge...

How often have I longed for the coming of my Lord to take away the pains and sorrows of this earthly life? Yet how much do I have to realize that maybe I am not yet ready for His arrival. His desire is that I pursue Him with all of my heart, soul and mind; that I desire to be at His business in all that I do. How often does my yearning for His return become a hindrance to my being with Him in the midst of the labors that He has ordained for me to do. My journey of theosis can be one that is drawing me closer to Him, if I give up of myself and my desires...even my desire for His return. Have I really accomplished that which He has ordained me to do? Have I really become the righteous child that He wants me to be? If not, since not, then I must become less as He becomes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment