Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 30, 2012


Galatians 1:10 NASB

For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.

Personal Challenge...

I am sure that Paul was dealing with quite a dilemma in his life...please those in his life, whether friends or family or fellow learned men in the church...or please God. Have you ever found yourself trying to please someone in your life that you care about just to realize that to really do so would really soil the Name of the God that you serve? It is indeed a personal challenge to truly try to live your life in a way that honors God, that demonstrates that you are a bond-servant of Christ when it means alienation from your family, your friends, your coworkers, and even sometimes those whom you worship with. But it is God whom we should be seeking favor from.

No comments:

Post a Comment