Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19, 2012


Luke 17, 20-21

Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, See here! or See there! For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.

Encouraging Words...

The notes in my Orthodox Study Bible say, 'The "kingdom of God" is a spiritual reality present within the Christian believer and within the community of the Church. "Within you" can also be translated "among you" or "in your midst." What a wonderful and refreshing view of eternity and our hope for heaven. The moment that we were baptized into Christ through the Holy Spirit we stepped into the reality and the presence of the kingdom of God. This is not something that we are waiting upon our physical death to be made present, but it is now. With that in my mind (and in my heart) I should be living my life as an eternal being in the kingdom of God, pursuing Him, striving to be like His Son...progressing on my journey of theosis. It is a mystery, but then again, He is God and I am not, who am I to question His ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment