Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 21, 2012


Luke 18:15-17

Then they also brought infants to Him that He might touch them; but when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to Him and said, Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.

Encouraging Words...

The commentary on this passage usually focuses on the way that we should be as we come to Christ...like children; believing, trusting, obedient. However, this passage also says a lot about how God receives us. I am a father, I have raised children. I am blessed that now I am a grandfather and get to participate in the raising of another generation. God receives us as our Heavenly Father; with open arms, with delight, with great joy and love. He wants no one or no thing to come between us and Him. His arms are wide open for me, His son, His child, and I am blessed to rest peacefully in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment