Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26, 2012


1 Timothy 1:5

Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,

Personal Challenge...

The law, the commandments of the old covenant as well as the commandments of Christ are all built around loving God and loving our neighbor. Paul informs me here in this letter to Timothy that I cannot love the way that God wants me to out of the compulsion of the the law for the it is superficial.. I must love from a pure heart, one that is filled by the Holy Spirit and continually being turned over to Him. I must love from a good conscience, one that is continually being cleansed by confession and repentance. I must love from a sincere faith, one that is actively pursuing the likeness of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment