Saturday, December 1, 2012

November 30, 2012


1 Peter 4:7-9

But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. And above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins. Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.

Personal Challenge...

As a sinner I need the love of those whom God has placed in my life to love me in such a way so as to cover my sins. Should I do any less to them? I am commanded, once again, to love those in my life, and to love them fervently. This command is not just targeted at those people whom I like, but everyone. I am to be hospitable to them all and to not complain or grumble about any of them. Lord, have mercy on me a sinner. Is it no wonder that this commandment is preceded by the admonition to be serious and watchful in my prayers? Without this prayerful attitude I will never be able to love my neighbor this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment