Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 7, 2012


Luke 12:48b

For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

Personal Challenge...

This verse should be very sobering to anyone who takes on a leadership position in the church. Whether it be Sunday school teacher, choir member, pastor, priest, elder, bishop, committee member, or whatever...once we willingly accept the role of leadership we step into the reality that God will expect more from us. And the higher up in leadership that we go, i.e. the more people that my decisions and actions affect, the more that God will expect of me. I often wonder why it is that so many times one moves up in his/her leadership role the more they forget this truth. My prayer is that I will remember it all the more and become more humble each time that God chooses to give me more responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment