Thursday, November 8, 2012

November 8, 2012


Judges 6:12

And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, “The Lord is with you, mighty one of the armies!”

Encouraging Words...

I love how the Lord reveals to us in the scriptures His true heart and nature...as well as ours. Here we see Gideon hiding from his enemies so that he can sneak together some wheat for himself and his family. An Angel fo the Lord appears to him and speaks of his true character..."a mighty one of the armies." God knows our heart better than we do. He knows me better than I know myself. Doesn't it make sense that the closer I draw to Him the more the true me will be revealed. I love how the early church fathers state this in my daily prayer for the acceptance of God's will.

     O Lord, I do not know what to ask of You.
     You alone know what are my true needs.
     You love me more than I myself know how to love.
     Help me to see my real needs which are concealed from me.
     I do not dare to ask either for a cross or for consolation.
     I can only wait on You. My heart is open to You.
     Visit and help me, for the sake of Your great mercy.
     Strike me and heal me; cast me down and raise me up.
     I worship in silence Your holy will and Your unsearchable ways.
     I offer myself as a sacrifice to You.
     I have no other desire than to fulfill Your will.
     Teach me to pray. Pray You Yourself in me. Amen. 


God is God and I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment