Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25, 2013


Psalm 89:47-48 (88:48-49 LXX)

Let my substance be remembered, as to what sort it is,
For did You create all the sons of men in vain?What kind of man is there who will live and not see death?
Will he deliver his soul from the hand of Hades?

Personal Challenge...

No matter what I do, how much money I make, how many toys I accumulate, how much I get promoted at work or get known in my community or church, I will still physically die some day. The real question here, the real goal to pursue, is whether or not my substance will be remembered as a good and godly man who loved his God and his neighbor. Will I be remembered as a man who loved and took care of his wife, children, and grandchildren? Will I be remembered as a man who could be trusted to keep his word and whose word was filled with truth. Will I be remembered as a man that projected the image of Christ? A sobering thought and a worthwhile goal to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment