Saturday, March 2, 2013

March 2, 2013

Luke 21:1-4

And he looked up, and saw the rich men that were casting their gifts into the treasury. And he saw a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. And he said, "Of a truth I say unto you, This poor widow cast in more than they all: for all these did of their superfluity cast in unto the gifts; but she of her want did cast in all the living that she had."

Personal Challenge...

Ouch!! What an indictment this is to the true nature of my heart. I feel good when I give to my church or other ministries, but is that enough? First of all...feeling good about it is the sin of pride. I feel good that I go to church regularly and do Bible studies...but then again there is the pride. This widow was pointed out to me by my Lord to remind me that giving my tithe is not enough. If I truly love Him, if I am truly following in His footsteps, if I am truly becoming like Him, then wouldn't I be giving Him my all even until it hurts? Where is my heart? Where are my actions? What words come out of my mouth? What desires drive my choices? He is my Lord...so I say. He gave up everything for us. Am I willing to do the same for Him and my neighbor? He stepped out of eternity to live in our time and space. Am I willing to give my time for Him? If I apply the formulaic tithe of 10% of time that would mean giving Him 2.4 hours a day for Him. Ouch!! I have a long way to go to be like this widow. Lord have mercy! Lord have mercy! Lord have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment