Friday, March 22, 2013

March 22, 2013


Genesis 3:8

Then they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden that afternoon, and Adam and his wife hid themselves within the tree in the middle of the garden from the presence of the Lord God.

Personal Challenge...

For all the times that I have read this passage I never got the essence of this verse. Here Adam and Eve have broken the only rule that God gave them. They have sinned. And when God comes to hang out with them like He has so many times before, where do they hide? Right there in the middle of the very tree that they were not supposed to eat from. How many times have I tried to hide from God in the middle of the very sin that I am running away from God for? As if God cannot see me there. Whether it be the sin of pride, lust for the things of the world, idolatry, or whatever. What I really need to be doing is running away from that place of false protection and to my Lord God with repentance and seeking forgiveness. Lord Jesus Chist, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment