Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 26, 2013

Proverbs 5:1-2

My son, hold fast to wisdom
And incline your ear to my words,
That you may guard good thinking;
And I command you with the perception of my lips.

Command with a Promise...

Here I am commanded to hold fast to Wisdom (a typification of Christ) and listen to His words. By doing this my thinking will be guarded and good. As I continued to read today of Cain this passage helps me to understand how to be able to avoid sin. Cain was admonished by God that he had a wrong heart. He could have repented and held fast to Wisdom. But he chose to dwell on his own thoughts and feelings which lead to more separation from God, more sin, and ultimately the murder of his brother. It is a slippery slope, but one we can avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment