Friday, April 12, 2013

April 12, 2013


Isaiah 29:13

So the Lord said, These people draw near to Me and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me, and they worship Me in vain, teaching the commandments and doctrines of men.

Personal Challenge...

Who is my practice of worship truly for? Is it for God or is it for me? Am I participating in my weekly "worship" service looking to be "moved" so that I can experience something "special" or am I entering into worship to submit to my God, to enter into His presence and join the host of angels worshiping His majesty? Am I continually looking for that special sermon, that wonderful oratory, which enlightens, blesses, and entertains me, or am I content stepping into the presence of my living God willing to give my all and desiring to receive nothing? The doctrines of man, the great oratory feats, the warm, fuzzy feelings from entertaining music and lyrics will all pass away...but the love of God, His peace, His kingdom will remain forever. What or Whom am I really worshiping?

No comments:

Post a Comment