Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 14, 2013

2 Timothy 1:12-14

For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.

Encouraging Words...

Paul reminds us through his letter to Timothy that even though he has gone through many ordeals for his Lord his belief has not waned. He has been able to keep his commitment to his Lord going steadfastly. He also makes it clear here that he is able to stay steadfast because of both the written and the oral traditions that had been handed down to him and that he was passing on to Timothy. What a rich past we have in our church through these traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment