Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1, 2013

Matthew 22:31-32

"But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living."

Encouraging Words...

Why in the world would I ever petition a saint? Here Jesus reminds us that those whom have gone before us are alive and in God's presence. Why wouldn't I reach out to them to speak to God on my behalf, to present my petitions to Him for me. I do not pray to the saints hoping that they can answer my prayers...only God deserves that honor and only He can answer my prayers. I reach out to the saints as if they are here and can pass my words on to God. It is only God that I worship, it is only Him that I fall down before in fear and trembling. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment