Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 16, 2013

John 21:7

Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment (for he had removed it), and plunged into the sea.

Personal Challenge...

John and Peter demonstrate two very critical traits of growing in Christ. Because of John's great love for Jesus He was able to see Him and recognize Him in His spiritual (mystical) form. The lesson here is that if I want to see Jesus, really see Him, then my love for Him must grow deeper and deeper and fully consume me. Peter, even though He did not recognize Jesus, in His spiritual (mystical) form, still plunged forward in His excitement and commitment to His Lord who then revealed Himself to Peter. The lesson here is that I must press on in my journey through life trusting that Jesus will be the Man on the shore that I am running to. Glory be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment