Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 24, 2013


Matthew 18:12-14

What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety- nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying? And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety- nine that did not go astray. Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

Encouraging Words...

Hallelujah! Glory be to God! One of the most wonderful truths that I have come to embrace as I learn more of the Eastern Orthodox way of thinking is that God is love. God is all love and loves all of His creation. He loves us so deeply that He was willing to go into the deepest depths of hell to claim us from the grip of death...forever. Following this truth comes the understanding, and enlightenment, that He is not the God of judgement that Western Christianity makes Him out to be. Yes, the scriptures do talk about judgement, but God will do all of His judgement from His position of love and not mine. It is His will, His desire, that all lost sheep will be saved. Who am I to determine what constitutes what He determines that judgement to be? God is love and if I am truly His child I must do all that I do I love to be obedient to Him. I must also pursue every person as a lost soul, a lost sheep, just as He has, and continues to, pursue us, even if only in prayer for those who are lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment