Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 8, 2013


Psalm 139:4-6 (138:4-6 LXX)

For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether,
The last things and the first things;
You fashioned me, and placed Your hands on me.
Your knowledge has become too wondrous for me;
It has become too overwhelming; I am unable to grasp it.

Encouraging Words...

Our God is far too magnificent and wondrous for us to ever truly know Him. As soon as I begin to think that I know my God He lifts another veil and shows me that I have the understanding of an infant. Does this dissuade me from asking to know him? No, to the contrary it drives me to know Him more and more. While this journey to know Him may be assisted by studying the scriptures, teachings of the early church fathers, and other learned believers, but it is also found by doing His work of loving my neighbor, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and taking care of the orphan. All of this is necessary to draw closer to my Lord and therefore to know Him better today than I did yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment