Monday, July 8, 2013

July 1, 2013

Matthew 6:31-34

“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Encouraging Words and Personal Challenge...

As I return from a week in Mexico I must ask myself, "What in my life is really a need?" Many of those things in my life that I have treated as needs are really wants because the majority of the world lives without them. I complain about taking a cold shower every day when many have no running water and what water they do have is not safe to drink. I complain about the food I eat every day and yet many only get to eat a meager meal every few days. I can go on complaining about my work, my possessions, etc., etc., etc., and still many go without. Lord have mercy on me a sinner. So what should I be needing in my life? The kingdom of God that can only be found in those whom God has placed in my life; my wife, my children and grandchildren, my parents and siblings and their families. This is where the kingdom of God is. Also in the people of my church, work and neighborhood that He has blessed me with. The kingdom of God will not be found in stuff but in the life that He has called me into. It is here that I can project God's love to those around me. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment