Monday, July 8, 2013

July 2, 2013

Matthew 7:15-16

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles."

Personal Challenge...

Christ warns us to be prepared for the false leaders and teachers that will infiltrate His church. We are to watch for the fruit of their labors. Is there a history of division and brokenness left behind them...then they are suspect. Is there much pomp around their righteousness, knowledge, or piety... then they are suspect. Am I exhibiting any of this in my life...then I must repent and turn to Christ in humility. I am commanded to be diligent in my involvement in the church so that my eyes stay focused on Christ and not on men.

No comments:

Post a Comment