Monday, July 8, 2013

July 5, 2013

Luke 6:20-23

Then He lifted up His eyes toward His disciples, and said:

“Blessed are you poor,
For yours is the kingdom of God.
Blessed are you who hunger now,
For you shall be filled.
Blessed are you who weep now,
For you shall laugh.
Blessed are you when men hate you,
And when they exclude you,
And revile you, and cast out your name as evil,
For the Son of Man's sake.
Rejoice in that day and leap for joy!
For indeed your reward is great in heaven,
For in like manner their fathers did to the prophets."

Encouraging Words and Personal Challenge...

How easy is it to confuse Jesus' blessings of the "bad" things (poverty, hunger, weeping, being hated) with the things of this world when He is referring to the things of the heavenly realm, which also exists in the present. Am I poor in hour I hold on to the possessions that I have and have a heart for the poor around me (both economically and spiritually)? Am I totally dependent upon God? Do I weep over the sufferings of this physical life and the suffering of those around me as well as those far off in such great need? Do I get persecuted because I uphold the truth, refuse to compromise with the ways of the world and give myself to none other than God? Here is where the blessings of God will pour into my life. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment