Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 9, 2013

Romans 7:17 & 20

But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Encouraging Words...

I am not depraved! I am created in the image of God! I am not sinful by nature, but sin which is distinctly separate from me still dwells within my fleshly body. The early church fathers taught that because I am created in the image of God, there is an indelible goodness in my nature that can never be undone. Yes, I can become immersed in sin, but I can know that it is not part of my nature, but a foreign force that dwells within me. Sin is what I do, not what I am. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner! Lord Jesus Christ, Master of my life, give me the power and the desire to say "No!" to sin and "Yes!" to Your will in my life. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment