Saturday, July 6, 2013

June 27, 2013

Matthew 5:23-24

Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

Personal Challenge...

The life of a Christian cannot be lived entirely in solitude. We must work out our faith in community. Even the monks and ascetics who removed themselves from all other people did so in order to be in uninterrupted community with Christ. But for those of us who do not go into the desert we must live in fellowship, relationship, with those around us. This is why this passage is so critical. I cannot fully worship my God, fully serve Him, fully receive His mercies and blessings unless I am fully reconciled with those in my life. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment