Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 18, 2013


1 Corinthians 1:10

Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Personal Challenge...

We have come to the same state that the early Corinthian church was at and which Paul challenged then. "I follow Martin Luther!" "I follow John Calvin!" "I follow John and Charles Wesley!" "I follow the apostles!" "I am Greek or Russian or...!" This list goes on and on. And what is missing here? We all, hopefully, are following Christ. Yes, we must take a stand against heretical teaching, but we must become unified in Christ. I am so saddened by rhos who see me as an Orthodox Christian as "unsaved" and that they must try to woo me to their practice of Christianity. Our continued push for factions in the Body of Christ will be levied in the judgment day. Love above all things should be our common, uniting action. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment