Monday, August 26, 2013

August 25, 2013


Matthew 14:27

But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.”

Encouraging Words...

Jesus once again demonstrates to His disciples, both literally and figuratively, that He is there with them in the midst of their trials and tribulations. The first storm occurrence was with Him in the boat with the disciples and this one is when He is out of the boat away from them. The imagery here is that whether I am in the midst of God's work, being close to Him, or just going through life not even thinking about Him (which should be happening less and less on my journey to theosis), I will encounter trials and tribulations. And in the midst of these I am not alone. Not only can Jesus calm these storms, but He can also help me to do miraculous things through Him as long as I keep my eyes upon Him. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment