Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8, 2013


Matthew 7:7-8

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Encouraging Words...

So! Who is this passage referring to more? The asker, seeker, knocker? or the Giver, Revealer, Opener? Both are at play here. We must be diligent, persistent, relentless in my asking, seeking, and knocking. And part of that diligence is continually renewing our hearts and minds so that we are pursuing those things that God would want me to have. But it also speaks of God who does answer us, and does help us to find, and does open the doors for us. But in His love for us He provides that which is best for us and not just what we think we want. As a father I understand this (to a human point). I tried, and continue to try, to meet my children's' (and now grandchildren's) needs. Sometimes I even met, and continue to try to meet, their wants. But it is still necessary to withhold that which would actually cause harm. I am so thankful that my Father, my Abba, my Daddy, not only knows what I need, but provides it when I need it. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment