Monday, September 2, 2013

September 1, 2013

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Personal Challenge...

How do I do this except in the power of Christ? As I prepared this morning to put Laura on an airplane back to home, I hurt for her as she continues to heal from her accident. Then I headed back up to Red Bluff to pick up my motorcycle and said goodbye to my parents. Tomorrow I say goodbye to two of my children, one of their spouses, and our newborn granddaughter, and head back to Ohio. And in the midst of all of this I am to rejoice and give thanks? How can I do this? In prayer! In Christ! For I can rejoice that all of these my loved ones are well and that God willing I will see them again soon. I can rejoice that I live in an age where I can talk to them on the phone or see them on Skype. I can live over 2,000 miles from my loved ones and interact with them on a regular basis. I can rejoice and be thankful that I have been able to spend this time with them and exchange our love for each other. Saying goodbye is hard and yet it is part of life and I am so blessed that I have so many in my life that I can love and that love me. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment