Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

Living a life that bucks the tide...


1 Ezra 4:38-50 (1 Esdras LXX)

But the truth abides and is strong forever. The truth lives and rules unto ages of ages. There is no partiality or prejudice with the truth, but it does righteous things, distinct from all wrongdoings and evil. All are pleased with its deeds, and there is nothing unjust in its judgment. For strength, dominion, authority, and majesty belong to it unto all ages, and blessed is the God of truth.

Personal Challenge...

We live in an age of relative truth. As I flip through the news channels I see opinions present as truth that contradicts each other. As I work through a day in my place of employment I see facts manipulated to tell the story that one wants others to hear. Our entire society has walked away from black and white truths and embrace relative grays and called them truth. This is also rampant in many churches. God is Truth! All truth is God's truth! If I claim to be His follower, His adopted child, then shouldn't I be always seeking and proclaiming truth? Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment