Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 25, 2013

What actions am I being stirred up to?


1 Ezra 9:54-55 (1 Esdras LXX)

Then everyone went on their way to eat and drink, to gladden themselves, to give gifts to those who were lacking, and to heartily rejoice. For they were inspired by the words which were taught to them, and they gathered together.

Personal Challenge...

The passage leading up to these verses gives us the account of Ezra reading the Law of the Lord to the people of Israel and their being stirred up to these actions. Am I moved to action every Sunday through liturgy after worshiping Him who fulfilled the Law? If I am not, it is more of a condition of my heart than it is the liturgy. Are the actions that I am stirred up to directed at others, taking care of meeting their needs, sacrificing myself for them as Christ did for me? If not, then again it points to the condition of my heart. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment