Monday, October 21, 2013

October 20, 2013

Proverbs 8:32-33 (32-34 LXX)

Now therefore, my son, hear me:
Blessed is the man who shall hearken to me
And the man who shall guard my ways;
Who watches daily at my doors,
Who keeps watch at the doors of my entryways;
For my issues are the issues of life,
And grace is prepared from the Lord.

Command with a Promise...

Aren't we all looking for blessings and grace in our lives? Here the psalmist points us in the direction of where we can secure these. If we hearken to those whom have gone before us living their lives in Christ, if we guard those traditions and teachings, if we carefully and prayerfully take care of the places of worship that we have today, then we will be blessed and God will pour out His grace upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment