Monday, November 18, 2013

November 17, 2013

Best friends...a life long investment and journey.


Wisdom of Sirach 6:14-17 LXX

A faithful friend is a strong shelter,
And he who finds one finds a treasure.
There is nothing that can take the place of a faithful friend,
And there is no way to measure his worth.
A faithful friend is a medicine of life,
And those who fear the Lord will find him.
He who fears the Lord guides his friendship rightly,
Because as he is, so also is his neighbor.

Personal Challenge...

After sixty years of life this has been one of my most sought after and elusive goals...to find a true, faithful friend, a brother in Christ that I can sharpen and be sharpened by. I can count on one hand the times that I thought I had a friend like this just to loose them to a move or a life change. But there is a promise in this passage. If I fear the Lord, and live my life as a faithful friend to all He will bring that brother into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment