Thursday, November 21, 2013

November 21, 2013

Putting others first.


Wisdom of Sirach 11:7-8 LXX

Do not find fault before you examine a situation.
First, understand it, and then make your judgment.
Do not answer before you have listened,
And do not interrupt someone while he is talking.

Personal Challenge...

If I am learning anything on my journey toward theosis it is that I spend far too much time inserting "me" into a situation or conversation. This verse strikes home so very closely because I often do what is warned against here...finding fault too quickly, making a judgment without fully understanding the situation, answering before I listen, and interrupting while someone is talking. If you are reading this then I am sure that I have done one or more of these to you...please forgive me! Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment