Friday, November 22, 2013

November 22, 2013

Doing good is expected of us.


Wisdom of Sirach 14:12-14 LXX

Remember that death does not delay,
And the covenant of Hades has not been shown to you.
Before you die, do good to a friend,
And reach out and give to him based on your ability.
Do not let a day go by without doing something good,
And do not let any of your desire for doing good escape you.

Personal Challenge...

Sometimes I think that the hardest part of being a follower of Christ is recognizing that I am the biggest impediment that I have in the journey. I must constantly remind myself that everything does not revolve around me. Actually, nothing really revolves around me. This is why Christ admonishes us to die to self if we are to live for Him. Part of this process is doing good to others, not just when it is convenient, but all the time, every day. When I am focused on doing good to others I am looking at them and not at myself. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment