Friday, December 13, 2013

December 13, 2013

Studying to grow in Christ.


Wisdom of Sirach 39:1-3 LXX

How different is the man who devotes himself
To the study of the law of the Most High.
He will seek out the wisdom of all the ancients
And be occupied with their prophecies.
He will preserve the discourse of notable men
And penetrate the subtleties of parables.
He will seek out the hidden meanings of proverbs
And be engaged in the riddles of parables.

Personal Challenge...

Do I really wan to know God? To know what He wants me to do in my life? Do I really want to understand the depths of His truths? And how to apply them in my life? Then I must spend time devoting myself to the study of His teachings...the scriptures and all that they provide as His written Word, but also the wisdom of the ancients...our church fathers, the saints that have gone before me, have to offer. God's truth and wisdom is found in the collective teaching passed on to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment