Friday, January 17, 2014

January 17, 2014

Paying it forward...


2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Encouraging Words...

What a combination of contrasts: blessings, mercies, and comfort versus tribulation and trial. Life in this fallen world is not easy. There is brokenness, loneliness, loss, and pain. Each of us has our own and different cross to bear. And this is where this passage becomes so powerful. As we go through our tribulations and trials God is there comforting and blessing us. It might be in a word spoken to us by someone we love or a total stranger. It might be in a random act of kindness sent our way. But often, for those of us who have given our lives to Christ, it will be from God's hand of mercy working in our lives. But it doesn't stop there. We are expected to use our victory over the tribulations and trials as a means to speak into and apply love to, those around us who are going through similar trials and tribulations. If is a form of "pay it forward". Even as I am writing these thoughts down, I, along with my brother and sisters, are walking through the trial of seeing our parents grow old and approach the ends of their lives. I have my Lord to fall back on, but flesh and bone support is needed. I am blessed to have a loving, godly wife who has been through this and is willing to speak into this situation from experience and love. It is my responsibility, and opportunity, to listen because this is God bringing the flesh and bone support into my trial. His expectation of me is that I will do the same with the experiences in my past to those in need around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment