Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 2, 2014

Death is dead!


Hosea 13:14

“I will deliver them out of the hand of Hades
And will redeem them from death.
Where is your penalty, O death?
O Hades, where is your sting?
Pity is hidden from My eyes.”

Encouraging Words...

What a wonderful way to start off a new year...being reminded that our Lord trampled down the power of death upon us by His own death. As Jerome (c. 347) put it: “Moreover the Lord liberated everyone, and redeemed them through the suffering of the Cross and the shedding of His blood, when His soul descended into Hades, and He did not experience corruption to His flesh; and He speaks of the death itself as well as Hades:‘I will be your death, O Death! ’ For that reason I have died so that you may die through My death. ‘I will be your sting, O Hades’ for you devoured all with your throat.” Glory be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment