Friday, January 31, 2014

January 31, 2014

Staying close to the shelter...


Psalm 17:1-9 (16:1-9 LXX) specifically v. 8

Listen, O Lord of my righteousness;
Attend to my supplication;
Give ear to my prayer that is not with deceitful lips.
From Your face let my judgment come;
Let my eyes behold uprightness.
You tested my heart, when You visited me in the night;
You tried me in the fire, and found nothing unjust in me.
That my mouth might not speak of the works of men,
I held to hard ways because of the words of Your lips.
Restore my steps in Your paths,
That my footsteps may not slip.
I cried out, because You listened to me, O God;
Incline Your ear to me, and hear my words.
Magnify Your mercies,
O You who save those who hope in You
From those who rise up against Your right hand.
Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
In the shelter of Your wings, You will shelter me

From the face of the ungodly who trouble me.
My enemies surrounded my soul.

Encouraging Words...

We can call out to our Lord to keep us and to protect us. He promises to do this throughout the scriptures. But, just as if I am caught out in a storm, with rain pouring down heavily, the further away from the shelter that I am, the wetter I will get as I run back to the shelter. Verses 1-7 remind us that we must be living our lives in such a way that we are walking close to our Lord, doing what He wants us to do. By doing this, when storms of life come our way we are able to quickly hide under His wings of protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment