Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 26, 2014

Living life as His friend...


John 15:12-14

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Personal Challenges...

We are called by Christ to become like Him. This can be so difficult when it comes to dealing with people and yet He tells us that if we are to be counted among His friends then we will do what He commands. That means loving our friends as well as our enemies, even to the point of laying down our lives for them. We may never be asked to lay down our physical lives for those around us but what about treating them with love and respect, or not gossiping about them when the opportunity arises, or sympathizing with them and coming alongside them in their need even when they spurn us, and the list goes on and on. I have so far to go in this area of my journey to theosis. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment