Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 9, 2014

Standing on holy ground...


Exodus 3:5

So He said, “Do not come any closer. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.”

Personal Challenge...

Oh how presumptuous a generation we have become that we believe we can stand in the presence of our living God with our heads held up high and our chests puffed out. Is this not the behavior of the pharisee that Jesus condemned when He pointed out the humility of the publican? Throughout the scriptures we see that when men came into the presence of God, both the Father and the Incarnate Son, their response was to fall on their face because they knew they were unworthy. Why do we act today as if we are on equal footing with the Lord our god and refuse to bow before Him, to humble ourselves before His awesomeness? I know that for me it is my pride. What would someone think if I bowed submissively before my Lord? I have a personal relationship with Him so He is my equal. Not! He is my Lord! My Savior! He is God! He is the creator of all! He holds eternity and all that is within it in the palm of His hand. I am but an ant before Him. I must bow before Him and submit my all to Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment