Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 16, 2014

Living life confidently...


Proverbs 3:23-26 (26-29 LXX)

That you may walk confidently in peace in all your ways,
And your foot may not stumble.
For if you sit down, you will be without fear,
And if you lie down, your sleep will be pleasant.
And do not be afraid of intimidation when it comes upon you,
Nor of the attack of the ungodly when it comes at you;
For the Lord will be over all your ways,
And He will plant your feet firmly, that you may not be shaken.

Encouraging Words...

Shouldn’t this be the foundation of our entire life experience? Our Lord has promised us that He will never leave us or forsake us. He has promised that He will meet our needs, not necessarily our wants, but our needs. He has promised that He will be our Protector and send us a Comforter. If I confess Him as my Lord and believe in Him then if I truly want to fully experience Him and His presence in my life then I must live my life this way. In doing this it frees me up to focus on changing my behavior so that I live more like Christ, so that I purposely battle against the sinful nature that haunts me. It allows me to live my life in a way that glorifies Him and edifies others. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment