Sunday, July 6, 2014

July 6, 2014

What form is our confession?


Matthew 10:32-33

"Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven."

Personal Challenge...

I have always read this passage to be focused on my profession of faith, my willingness to proclaim Jesus as my Lord. But could it not also be describing my behavior as I go through life and how it either confesses Christ as my Lord or denies Him? If I do things that are contrary to how God wants me to live (ignore the needs of my neighbor, gossip about others, lie, cheat, you name it) am I not denying that Christ is my Lord to those around me? This is a sobering thought. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment