Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 8, 2014

It is not about what I can give or do,
but about how I can be.


Isaiah 66:1-2

Thus says the Lord: "Heaven is My throne, and earth is the footstool of My feet. What kind of house will you build for Me? Or what kind is the place of My rest? For My hand made all these things, and all these things are Mine," says the Lord; "and upon whom will I show respect, but to the humble and the peaceful and to him who trembles at My words.

Personal Challenge...

There is nothing that I can do for the Lord, or give to Him, that exceeds what He already has. He doesn't want my stuff, which already belongs to Him anyway. He doesn't want my actions, which usually become tainted by my pride and sinfulness. He wants my heart. He wants my humility before Him and my neighbor. He wants the core of me and not my peripherals. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment