Friday, August 29, 2014

August 29, 2014

Who has your back?


Proverbs 27:17

Iron sharpens iron,
And a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

Personal Challenge...

This is such a true statement. Those few times in my life that I have had this kind of friend have been rewarding and growth-filled. Why is it so difficult for us, especially us men, to develop deep relationships with others? Relationships where we can share the deep thoughts and secrets of our lives and know that we will will be sharpened by the other as a sword. Is it because we have become such individualist that we strive to live this life on our own? Is it because we are so focused on ourselves that we cannot find the wherewithal to invest in another's life? Is it because we are so busy with the busy-ness of life that we cannot slow down and be in a relationship? David had Jonathan. Jesus had the twelve and especially the three that He was closest to. Even God Himself has the Trinity. Oh Lord, my God, I long for a Jonathan, or a Peter, or a John in my life so that I can be challenged to be more like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment