Monday, October 27, 2014

October 26, 2104

What's in my mouth?


Ephesians 4:29

Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

Personal Challenge...

Am I watching what comes out of my mouth and does it edify those around me? One of the things that defeats this way of behaving in our society is the Seinfeld Effect. This is that dry sense of humor that thrives on putting others down in sarcastic ways and following up with, " Just kidding!" This has become pervasive in the church as well as society. Words can either cut down or build up and once spoken they cannot be undone. So what is coming out of my mouth? Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

ps: The words may not just be coming out of my mouth...they might be coming from my fingertips on the keyboard of my computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment