Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014

Lightening the load...


Galatians 6:4-5

But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For each one shall bear his own load.

Personal Challenge...

In an earlier verse (2) Paul tells us to bear one another's burdens and here he tells us to "each one shall bear his own load." Both statements are true. We are called to initiate caregiving in the church, and not to be needless burdens to others (notes from the Orthodox Study Bible, p. 1596). This also plays out in our time of fasting within the Orthodox faith. It is my responsibility to observe my own plate and my own convictions and not worry about whether or not my brother is doing what I am doing. To the contrary I should yield my convictions to meet his needs as a way of showing my love to him, We are called to do all that we do in love. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment