Thursday, December 18, 2014

December 17, 2014

Do you believe this?


John 11:25-26

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

Encouraging Words...

It is taught in the Orthodox church that we sin because we are afraid to die. If we go back to the first sin, it was all wrapped around death. If I am afraid that someday I will die then I will do whatever I can to get as much out of life as I possible can. And in doing this I feed my passions, turn my back on God, and trample on my neighbor. However, Jesus tells us that He came to destroy death, which He did in His incarnation, sinless life, death, and resurrection. Because of His work we too can seize this promise that He made to Martha...we shall never die. Through Christ we will live forever! Through Christ we can choose to sin no more...and when we do He will be there to cleanse us and forgive us. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment