Monday, December 22, 2014

December 22, 2014

Politically Correct versus Spiritually Correct


Acts 5:29

But Peter and the other apostles answered and said:“We ought to obey God rather than men.

Personal Challenge...

We live in a day when the overarching rule is to live our lives being politically correct. What does this really mean? We are expected to follow the social norms and expectations. This is contrary to what our living and loving scriptures and teachings of the church tells us to do. Jesus told us that we must live our live under two laws...love our God and love our neighbor. We cannot do this and also adopt as acceptable the ways of the world. This can be a conundrum on a regular basis. How do I live a godly life amongst my neighbors and at the same time deny the practices of the world? How do I live in the world and at the same time not be of the world? How do I love my neighbor and at the same time show him, or her, by my actions how much they need Christ? I cannot do any of this on my own accord. I must do it all by allowing the Holy Spirt to do His work fully within me. I do it by striving to be humble, submissive, loving, and obedient. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment