Friday, December 5, 2014

December 5, 2014

Oh, to be content...


Philippians 4:11-13

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Personal Challenge...

Here we find the key to contentment, the pearl buried in the heart of the oyster of life. Whether life is dealing us a winning hand or pulling the rug out from under us we can choose to acknowledge that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. If we try to do it on our own, or to take all the credit for the good things that do come about, we are choosing to unplug from the only source of power that can support us. Jesus is our power! Jesus is our protection! Jesus is our provider! Jesus is our Lord! All glory goes to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment