Friday, January 16, 2015

January 16, 2015

The blessing of the New Covenant


Jeremiah 40:6-9

‘Behold, I bring her health and healing for her wounds, and I will show them how to obey. Yes, I will heal this city and bring about peace and faithfulness. I shall return the captives of Judah and Israel and will restore them, even as before. I will cleanse them from all their wrongdoings by which they sinned against Me. I will not remember their sins by which they sinned against Me and withdrew from Me. This shall be for the gladness, praise, and majesty of all the people of the earth, who shall hear all the good things I will do. They shall fear and be provoked concerning all the good things and the peace I shall bring upon them.'

Encouraging Words...

What a glorious blessing that we have been granted the privilege to live in the age of our Lord. All of these promises that God made through Jeremiah the prophet to both the Jewish nation and the Gentiles around them have come to fruition in the incarnation, death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are the Church, His Bride of the new covenant, and we are the ones that He has rescued from death, given healing to, and forgiven us of our sins. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment