Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January 27, 2015

As we fall upon our knees...


Judith 8:14 (LXX)

You cannot plumb the depths of the heart of man, nor grasp the thoughts of his mind. How then do you expect to search out God, who made all these things, and come to understand His mind or comprehend His purpose? No, brothers! Do not provoke the Lord our God to anger.

Personal Challenge...

We, the modern, western world, are so arrogant thinking that we can force God into a box of our own definition and then thinking we understand all that He is and knows. We pursue knowledge with the intent to be all-knowing, when only God is. We pursue wealth and prestige with the intent to have others look up to us and therefore be worshipped when only God deserves worship. And yet God Himself became lower than us and became incarnate so that we might become eternal. God forgive us in our pride and arrogance thinking that we could know all of Your thoughts and ways. God help me to be humble before You and my fellow man so that as I fall down to my knees in humility others may see only You standing in my stead. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment